Monday, October 7, 2013

Superpet & Cages Critter Trail Discovery Dlx Small Animal Cage, with Carrier


Fine first cage for hamster beginners
We've been using this cage for just over five days now, for a new pet hamster, so there may be further issues down the line. So far pros are:
* My kids love the bright colours and no-one can forget that the hamster is there (and thus to feed and clean it).
* It came with everything we needed to get started, equipment-wise
* It is simple to put together and take apart
* It is compact and doesn't take up lots of space
* It seems fairly sturdy and does what we wanted...the only escape has been down to human error (and hamster teeth/human hand interface)
* The price is right for a first (and possibly last) go at small mammal owning.

Cons include:
* The catches are tricky to get the hang of at first, and I can imagine an over-zealous child may break them easily - though to be fair, we haven't (yet)
* I think it may be a bit small in the long term. We have had trouble fitting in many toys/bed etc. I can already see us moving on to a bigger...
great hamster pad
Great size for my hamster. Easy to clean, although the water bottle did leak and flood his cage. I used a different one though and now have an extension tube running from the hole that the water bottle used to slot into so that he has his old cage and this new one joined.
Bad for syrians
When I bought This cage I thought it would contain the bedding but it doesn't it gos everywhere
1 the shelf is so flimsy and snapped when my hamster went on it
2 the water bottle isn't on the side it's actually at the back and it's not even the same bottle and it leaks
3the travel case is too small my hamster is squished in it
4 my hamster has escaped many times because she can opent the latch
5not a very large cages so no room to put toys in there
6 the wheel isn't silent and too small and sometimes it doesn't turn !

I do not recommend this cage
Click to Editorial Reviews

1 comment:

  1. Presently you make it simple for me to comprehend and execute the idea.
    large chinchilla cage

    ReplyDelete