Monday, October 7, 2013

Rotastak Cosmo Pod Small Animal Housing


Great cage for a younger hamster.
This cage is perfect as a starter cage for the first three to six months, after that, I would advise purchasing a bigger cage as you'll find Syrian's can grow quite large. Having said that, it comes with everything you need to start out with, apart from food and wood shavings which you'll have to buy separately. The best thing about rotastaks is that you can purchase ANY cage in the range and add it on. So, if you don't fancy buying a whole new cage, you can start adding on extensions, which kids will certainly love as there are so many different extensions to choose from! With this cage, you get a bowl, a water bottle and a wheel. :) Perfect to start off with!

The only downfall of most rotastaks, if not all, if they are NOT suitable for any smaller breed of hamsters; that goes for roboroskis, Russians and Chinese dwarf hamsters. I would also not advise this for a gerbil and it's firstly too small and they'll be able to chew out of it within a few hours.
Good as an extension!
I bought this as an extension to the other four Rotastak sections I own, NOT SUITABLE AS A CAGE ON ITS OWN. As an extra bit of room for my two dwarf hamsters though, it's been excellent. More floor-space than I expected, so plenty of space to run and dig, although some wood shavings do make their way through the barred section so be prepared to have to clean this up fairly regularly. Also my dwarfs can't reach the shelf level so I've left it out. The bars are well-spaced, not too big for Russian hamsters to squeeze through - though I would be very hesitant about keeping Robos or mice in it.
Not for mice
This product clearly states it is suitable for mice, within hours of having put my 2 mice, pinky and the brain, in the cage one escaped (the brain). It took me and my partner 2 and a half hours to get him back. Its a nice looking cage, its big enough for a hamster but i'd say stay away if you've got mice.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment