Monday, October 7, 2013

Savic Suite Royale Navy Blue Small Animal Cage 95 x 63 x 159 cm


Love at first sight
I thought i owned the best cage i could, right up until i first saw a picture of this. It was everything a rat cage should be, beautiful, sturdy, all metal and easy access. I had to own it, but held back as i wasn't sure the price tag was justifiable when i had a perfectly good cage as it was. In the end my birthday came and i got a wonderful surprise, and roughly 2 years ago i finally got the cage of my dreams.

Since then it has lived up to my imaginings, it is a really sounds well made cage. Assembling it is probably a 2 man job, though i have heard of people managing it on there own. It's actually not bad to put togehter, i found the instructions nice and easy to follow and it went up in about an hour (with some faffing as i got excited). At this point i discovered my number 1 top tip - do not assemble downstairs if you intend it to live upstairs... After splitting the cage in half again we got it upstairs and reassembled, then came top tip number 2 - assemble in...
Perfect cage.
I bought this cage for my four rats and it's perfect for them. Not great at writing reviews so I'll list...

positives:
- Really a very big cage. If you have adult rats or ferrets they NEED something this big. You could fit up to 5 or 6 adult rats in it or 2 or 3 ferrets.
- Very easy to clean. The trays just slide out and back in.
- Practical. The wheels make it easy to move and the shelf at the bottom is really useful for ratty things.
- Well designed to hang things off - the middle platform rests on top of bars.

Negatives:
- Takes a long time to put together. Took me and four other people about 3 hours.
- Ours came broken, one of the hinges on the door came completely snapped in half, so the door hangs off whenever it's opened. Of course we didn't realise this until we'd finished assembling it, and considering what a challenge that was, it didn't seem worth it to send it back.
- The trays are a little shallow if you're planning...
Fantastic cage!
I love this cage, it was pricey, but definately worth it.

My only slight dissapointment was that the images and reviews seem to suggest the kick panels are on the doors, meaning the plastic trays can slide out easily for cleaning (this would be brilliant and make cleaning so easy!) The cage I received is not like this, the kick panels are fixed to the cage and the doors are just mesh all the way down, this means if I was to remove the trays for cleaning I would need to manouvere them over this kick panel....So I just scoop out all the dirty litter with a dustpan and brush. That said, it's no more difficult than the old cage I had, I was just looking forward to easy cleaning!

My four boys really love this cage, they have so much space, and I wouldn't hesitate to add a couple more rats, there's definately room! I think this cage really lends itself to customisation, as it's so easy for hanging things on, and the full doors mean you can reach right into the...
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment