Monday, October 7, 2013

HAMSTER CAGE MADISON STUDIO APARTMENT MOUSE MICE


A Disappointment and a Waste of Money
I bought this cage for my syrian hamster. The pull-out tray cleaning system doesn't work, unless you use only a couple of millimeters of shavings - not enough to absorb excrement. The water bottle is also dodgy and took two days to work properly, during which time I had to provide a dish of water, which the hamster frequently knocked over. There is very little room for any toys other than the wheel, as the feeding dish is so massive. The wheel also scoots back and forth across the wall because the bars are horizontal and there is nothing to hold it in place. Also the wheel has rungs rather than plastic, which would be rather sore on running feet. It also comes with a bit to fit in the bottom that is also made of metal bars, presumably to make cleaning even easier, but I find this rather mean as the hamster has no opportunity for a warm, soft feeling under their feet - and it reminds me of battery hen cages.

Lastly it's extremely difficult to assemble and disassemble...
Hamster Cage
I hate this product it is extremly difficult to put together, and the wire on the side stretched. I think that i am going to get another cage for my syrian hamster Lulu, do not get this product as it will be too small for a syrian hamster, maybe ok for a dwarf hamster though.
It's ok :)
I bought this cage knowing it was cheap, and got the quality I expected. I have mice, and this cage has narrow bar spacing which is good. I bought it because my normal cage wont flat pack, and I'm also going to use it as an extension when I get the parts I need

The floor grid needs to be removed, it has no benefit to you or whatever animal you keep in there, but I'm planning on using it in a bin cage
Wouldnt say it's suitable for dwarf hamsters unless you're comfortable doing some meshing around the corners

The wheel mine came with was solid, but too small for hamsters
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment